Re: [Alpines] Mayf has a doppleganger.............

To: Chris Engle <cdpmbmengle@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Mayf has a doppleganger.............
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:32:23 -0700
The car in the listing is not race ready. Has to have a specific made
roll cage, HANS , lateral head supports, a funny car cage. Then there is
the fire systems, 5 lb bottle for the motor , 10 pounds for the driver.
Then the tires, 400 bucks apiece,  more for the high speed wheels. Motor
must be putting out more than 500 hp to go faster than teh 210 exit
speed I posted. Need race suspension front and rear. Need a parachute,
need a funny car drivers suit. Motor will cost plenty since you will be
driving up to 5 miles at almost full boogie and that takes some reliable
parts internally which also must make power. Plus a lot of small
unmentioned items. Need to add weight to the car because the short wheel
base is a bear to drive. I have 18 degrees of caster so that will
require changes in the steering system and suspension.  Now addin a
generous amount of work at 0 bucks or more per hour to make it all
happen.  This car was a show car that was "inspired by speed", not that
it was a race car.  It is a show car lacking the goodies to go really
fast.  IMHO. YMMV, lol..

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.