[Alpines] Turn signal problem

To: <Alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] Turn signal problem
From: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:13:22 -0400
Cc: 'fred baum 0511' <fhsloth13@aol.com>, 'richard Fritz 0212' <wizzzbang@verizon.net>
Sender: alpines-bounces@autox.team.net
Hello all,

I am having a funky electrical problem (is there any other kind?), and would
like some advice before I spend fruitless hours bent into uncomfortable
positions.  I have a SV, rewired with no problems.  My turn signals work
fine.  However, when I put my lights on, I have two problems:

1. My left tail light is much brighter than my right (or my right is much
dimmer than my left), and..

2. My left turn signal does not work with the tail light on.

I swapped out the two bulbs and had the same problem, so unfortunately the
bulb is not the culprit.

Assuming grounding problems, I grounded the left tail light assembly best I
could, with no positive result.  If the problem is in the actual bulb
receptacle part of the assembly, obviously this did no good.

My next step will be to change swap the two tail light assemblies.  However,
prior to doing that, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Mounce

Proud owner of the 67 SV formerly known as The Paperweight