autox-cm

12V air blower

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: 12V air blower
From: The Fortinis <lbracing@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not affiliated with Harbor Freight in ANY way, but several of you have
asked about the 12V air blower we've been using in grid the last few events.
Here's a link to the product:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=53781

It is still on sale for $49.99, though I don't know for how long. It isn't
exactly the quality of a Snap-On torque wrench, but it moves a lot of air
and has been pretty rugged. You can apparently buy an optional clip-on
heating element for cool-weather use.

This fan was an absolute godsend this past weekend in Milwaukee--when it
wasn't being used in grid, we had it set up under the EZ-Up and running
continuously.

Ross/Paula Fortini
1988 Van Diemen

[NOTE: The blower *does not* include the cigarette-lighter-to-battery-clip
adapter that we use to hook it to our jump battery...so you'd have to either
buy the adapter separately or hit Autozone for a set of replacement battery
terminal clips.]

[NOTE 2: Excessive use of this fan on only one side radiator can cause the
car to spin unexpectedly on course. At least that's my alibi, and I'm
sticking to it!]