autox-cm

Tach Telltale

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach Telltale
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 22:55:07 -0400
At 10:33 PM 6/3/2002 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:

>Wish we had one.  The fact is, of course, we never look at the tach, so I
>don't know why I waste 5" of dash space on it.  I should just put in a 2"
>tach, if such a thing exists, and use the rest of the space for one of those
>fancy shift lights or something.  The current tach is a very simple unit
>with lots of bounce anyway, but it's never been important enough to replace
>it.

Best investment I ever made on the car was a Stack recording tach. Taught
me a "whole lot" about what the engine/gearing are really doing on runs,
especially with my "tall" gearing. These days, since I've settled on what
gears to have in the car, I review the tach between runs if there is any
question about whether I stayed in a gear too long (or shifted for no good
reason).

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF