autox-cm

Re: Rev limiters & shift lights

To: rasmussend@mindspring.com, mark@sirota.org, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rev limiters & shift lights
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:55:44 EDT
Mark

If you want a good setup you should think about using an Autometer shift light
setup. I used one on the FF. It worked great. It has plug in "Pills" that
come in
200 rpm increments. If you want more or less rpm's you just plug in a
different
pill. The pill fits in the base of the unit and just presses in with your
fingers. I have
a hand full of the pills. I have 6000,6200,6400,6800 and a 3000 which is the
calibration pill. If you decide to go the shift light route, I will send them
to you free.
I'm not going to use them anymore.  These lights are bright and no matter
where you mount it, you will see it. If you decide to run one I would start
with the 6800. The cost for the light was around $120.00 a few years ago. One
thing is for sure with the light. You always know what rpm's you are hitting
and where its happening on the course. This is the good stuff for sure.

You can check out the shift light at. Look for item# 82
http://www.autometer.com/hp/index.html

Mike B.