autox-cm

Flywheel Proposal

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel Proposal
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:43:02 -0600
I checked the FFU archives on this issue, and by my reckoning this is a
desirable change for the road racers who experience crank shaft harmonic
vibration (to be very simple about it) that shortens the life of the part.
The engine builders agree this will help to extend engine life.  Of course,
this is ewhen your living at high revs all day.  By the same token, there
are some benefits to AX'ers that will impact our performance more than RR'ers.

What do Autocrossers think about it?  Seems like we have to go along with
the GCR on this since we do not want to exclude cars from coming into the
class.  OTOH, we are all faced with having to make the change if we want to
keep up.   More Ching.  What do you think?  Maybe a phased in compliance?

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI