autox-cm

Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis

To: CHARLES J VOBORIL <cvoboril@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Going Past the FF2000 performance analysis
From: Tyson Sawyer <tyson@j3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:53:00 -0500
CHARLES J VOBORIL wrote:
> I suggest that from this point on,
> we spend time considering what ELSE could be
> done to A and B Mod to better accommodate
>  a wide variety of cars with more reasonable parity.
>
> Given we have an almost 2:1 power to weight discrepancy in B-mod,
> I submit that this is beyond what is normally accommodated
>  in ANY other  single Solo 2 class.
>
> Does anyone see any problem with divvying up the cars among:
> A-Mod/1, A-Mod/2,
> B-Mod/1,  B-Mod/2 ?

In this conext, I'm no longer directly effected and also not on the MAC
or SEB, however:

I don't see value in an A-Mod/2.  That is in spite of my one season in
AM being in a car that probably may have qualified for it and I may have
finshed well in such a class.  There aren't a lot of cars that would
qualify and my opinion is that a class for old Super-V's and the like
won't do much for the sport.  ...I could be wrong.  On second thought, I
suppose that A-Mod/2 could be a place for unballasted single seat DSR's
or others that people are afraid of in the current BM.

If anything is to be done, B-Mod/2 does sound like a good move.  ...and
while your at it I'd put the S2000 there too! ;-)

How about create a B-Mod/2 class and then schedule B-Mod/1 for
eliminating or reducing solo ballast about 3 or 4 years from now?

Again, other than the S2000 comment, the above wouldn't effect me until
the hypothetical day came along that I was ready to move up in the world.

Overall, _I_ like the direction of this suggestion.  The primary concern
would be the long term effect of arbitrarily adding more classes.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer
    46CM '85 Reynard 85F  "The Red Headed Stepchild"