autox-cm

PAX/RTP

To: CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: PAX/RTP
From: jim_garry <jim_garry@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:13:34 -0500
As you probably know, the '08 PAX/RTP factors have been released.   CM
went from .909 to .904.  FM went from .890 to .895.   That means the
amount of raw time that a CM car has to beat an FM car in order to tie
them in factored time decreased by about half.  For example, in 2007 if
a CM car turned a 50.0, the FM had to be over 1 second slower on raw
time for there to be a tie.  For 2008, the CM car only has to have a 1/2
second edge in raw time to tie.

I realize there are course specific issues, but FM and CM are, and have
been, getting closer over the years.  I don't think CM is getting
slower;  I think FM is getting quicker.  There are several reasons for
that, the biggest two being the F500 coming into FM, as well as the fact
that when FM started, the cars were woefully under prepared.

Jim