RE: racing stripes

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: racing stripes
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 14:38:47 -0800
At 01:16 AM 1/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Any speed shop, or business that caters to performance cars. Yeah, most may
>be street 'n strip oriented,  but they usually have the stuff.
>
>Or, if you want a simple but bold stripe -- go to the hardware store and
>get Scotch Plastic Tape in your color of choice. I did that years ago for
>a nose-to-tail set of twin 1.5-inch stripes on my Spitfire, tastefully offset
>so it in effect ran through the steering wheel. Worked great.

What you want is 3M control-tack material, sold at most any sign supply
store. It comes in both 16" and 24" widths. Sometimes stores won't carry
the 3M brand directly but rather the same material sold through a company
called "Gerber" (http://www.gspinc.com/).

The great thing about control tack is that it allows for easy repositioning
and removal. Some of the more heavy-duty materials out there are very
difficult to remove and once they are stuck on there's no moving them.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                    | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA         | work: alan.dahl@attws.com