Where is everybody

To: "'autox'" <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Where is everybody
From: "Larry R. Metz" <75304.1645@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:55:54 -0500
Thanks for the assurance that you  all are there.  Got some action on the
list!!

Church has been cancelled, so a free morning to work the snow off the
drive....Can't get out of my drive, let alone 25 miles across Indy.  I
figure my new 4wd still can not get thru the fender high drifts.  I decided
to get it when my CRX could not get thru about 10 inches two years ago.  I
guess I need a John Deere, or that little 4wd mower by Honda I saw when I
was in for parts for my push Honda last spring.  I wonder if I could trade
even with my CRX for it???

Except for Loring, how many of you really have had the wonderful
opportunity fo clearing snow so you can get out of your drive?  Pat Kelly
have you ever seen snow.....sorry, you probably are a skier....  Radio says
the wind chill is 20 below.  We had rain following the snow, so we have to
break the top layer with a spade, then shovel the 12 inches or so of soft
snow.  Also we have to plan where we put it so the wind does not move it
back.

At least I got my automatic garage door opener working right ( I have
convinced it that the snow is not a person that needs protected from
closing, so it would close) , now just need to get a clear path so I can
get my 4wd truck out of the garage.

Bright idea while I am shoveling.......maybe a snow catch fence along my
drive would be a good idea for next year???  Hine site is always pretty
good.....But then it was way back in '78 that we had such a bad snow, so a
few days of this can be tolerated.

Am I desparate, while resting between trips out, I was wondering if my
kerocene (sorry no secretary to spell for me) heater that blows sort of
stong, might clear the drive with heat????  It is on wheels!!!