Re: Neons (was shesh)

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Neons (was shesh)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 22:23:32 -0600
Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> Actually I was kinda curious about that myself Patrick.  If DC is gonna get
> 150 hp out of the SOHC motors, with I'm assuming what amounts to basically
> bolt-ons, what can we expect out of a new DOHC motor?  170 hp?  Possibly
> more?  Maybe even a 6 speed tranny some day.
>
> I also can't see DC suddenly backing out of their motorsports involvement
> with the Neon Racing programs by not reintroducing a racing edition Neon.
> Maybe by the time the new R/T (or maybe even another stripped down ACR)
> comes to market there will be an even more potent DOHC motor in production.

The ACR is being readied for introduction.  I'm guessing it's a 4 door
SOHC ACR.  Dunno if there is plans for the twim cam.  Not sure who is
going to run one if it isn't faster than the 1st gen anyway.  I was
personally a little dissapointed when I saw it...no reaction at all
really. Kinda dull for what is a fun car.  Note that the SOHC engine is
much easier to get some hign gains (percentage wise) by bolting on some
junk.  It is more difficult with the twin cam, so you really can't make
predictions on one from the other.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese