Re: Jaguar in Trans Am?

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jaguar in Trans Am?
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:28:13 EST
A mistake or not, I would like to see something else other than Chevy's and
Ford's race in Trans-am, I can see that on NASCAR every weekend.  -Randy

<< On the face of it, it seems that just one year after the SCCA chased out
 any factory involovement from domestic mfrs, they are now striking a deal
 to allow some rice burner along with Toyota's massive budget into Trans
 Am. This will do nothing other than give Toyota another "hollow" racing
 victory to hang in thier dealer's showrooms (who else cares about Pike's
 Peak other than Toyota?) and to further distance the Trans Am Series from
 what it was in it's glory days or even in the 80's. One more in another
 long string of financially driven mistakes by the SCCA. >>