Classifying the Honda S2000

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Classifying the Honda S2000
From: Chris Shenefield <shenec@ohinter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:36:30 -0500
An associate from work who drove the Honda S2000, BMW Z3 2.8, and the
Porsche Boxter in a head-to-head comparison told me he ranked the
performance of the stock packages like this:
1st: Boxter
2nd: S2000
3rd: Z3 2.8

He said the Honda seems to be sprung more softly than the Boxter, but it
is still very nimble. My guess is that they will class it in AS where it
will be good competition for the Boxter, 968, etc.  If the car is
unusually fast, then it might get bumped to SS (but I doubt it).
Anyway, all this is hear-say; so I don't know for sure.

Chris