Re: ladies class entry

To: James Rogerson <jwalter@onramp.net>
Subject: Re: ladies class entry
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:42:49 -0700
James,
    Hmmm, I suppose a (1) ladies class with higher payouts might fit into a
lawsuit sort of deal; but the open classes number far more than one, as there
are more men entering any type of solo events. It seems to me that more drivers
in the open classes will win money than the few drivers who enter the Ladies
class.
    Maybe all the open classes should be lumped into one, then the payouts
would be higher for the top drivers.
    Both open and ladies drivers enter classes that have payouts: the Open
classes (note the plural), and the Ladies Honda Challenge (note the singular).
    Then they can go on to the final challenges, both open and ladies. So, in
theory, it is the same for both, they each get two changes to take home money.
Because there are more men entered, the money is spread around, whereas in the
Ladies class, they are all together. Who has a better chance of taking home
some money? I suspect the open class drivers.
    One of the reasons for the higher dollar figure for the Honda Ladies
Challenge is there is a sponsor. If sponsors were found for the open classes,
the payouts could be higher.
    --Pat Kelly