Your street wheel and tire thoughts

To: nw_autox-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Your street wheel and tire thoughts
From: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:21:22 -0800 (PST)
Esteemed colleagues:

I am seeking opinions on the Toyo Proxes FZ4 and PURE wheels.  I'm
considering purchasing a set of these wheels with these tires mounted and
am curious to hear any comments anyone might have.

These will be bolted to my faithful Miata for use as street wheels.  The
Pure wheels in question are 16 x 7.5, behemoth for a Miata, I know.  the
tires are 205/45/16.

Anyone have experience with either of these products?  I drive like a
maniac on the street and like sticky tires.  Past fun tires I've used have
been AVS intermediate, BFG Comp TA ZR and Dunlop D40M2.  How would these
Toyos compare?

I've never heard of PURE wheels.  Are they made of the heaviest metal
alloy known to man?  Are they known to have any weaknesses - like coming
apart at 85 on freeway onramps?  Specifically, I'm concerned that they
might be super-duper heavy.

Let me know.

Bret "sell me your cheap 15" wheels for my Miata" Dodson
Seattle, WA
'96 Miata R (wearing early style Miata wheels for the street)