F Stock Camaro Questions

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: F Stock Camaro Questions
From: Larry Boardman <webdoc@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:29:16 -0500
Winter is taking it's toll! I'm getting really itchy to autocross even
if the first event is almost 3 months away! I am curious about tire
sizes for my newly purchased 98 Camaro Z-28.

I plan to start the season bone stock and add "stock" allowed goodies as

the season progresses.  I just bought a set of used wheels (16X8 stock)
and now want to order the tires.  I've been running Kumho's for several
seasons on both front and rear wheel drive cars. Kumho has a 245 and a
265 tire that will fit.  Is there any value to the wider tire? How about

just on the rear?

The local events I go to vary from a very tight set up to a wide open
course.  Both are on asphalt. How about shaving vs not? I've tried both
and have not really seen a difference in longevity. What would a good
starting pressure be?

Future plans call for front swaybar, better shocks, K&N and less
restrictive exhaust. I also plan to add a factory power steering
cooler.  Any other mods I should consider? No plans to run either
regionally or nationals.

--
Larry Boardman
98 Camaro Z-28 F/S