Novice needs advice re: brake pads

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Novice needs advice re: brake pads
From: "Craig M. Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:08:21 -0600
I am preparing for my first autox season and need advice re brake pads.
Since I will continue to drive my car, a '90 Nissan 300 ZX, on the street
some I need a pad that will be suitable for the street and autox. Hawk
sells a carbon pad, the HP Plus, that they recommend for autox and street
use. It is expensive and I wonder how long it will last.
    The Stillen Metal Matrix pad is popular among Z car circles but I do
not know anything about its coefficient of friction or temperature range.
     Can you share with me any what type of pad you use and any general
advice in this matter.
     Thanx for the input,
Craig Daugherty
'90 Nissan 300 ZX