Re: Hoosier R or A compound?

To: Team dot net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hoosier R or A compound?
From: Rick Brown <rikracer@cwix.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:20:35 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>

>How much longer wear (%) does the R have over the A?
>
>Can you use the A on the road race track for a 20 minute session?

Ran some older A tires at a road race practice last weekend. They had lots
of tread, came with the car we just bought (AP 240Z, normally on slicks).
We figured they would be trash by the end of the day.  2 drivers, 3 20
minutes sessions each and only trashed one tire, left rear. It would have OK
if we had stopped and rotated the tires, since most road courses have a
predominace of left or right turns.  So one 20 minute session should not be
a problem.

Rick Brown