Street Touring Category Rules are Updated for 1999

To: Bay Area Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Street Touring Category Rules are Updated for 1999
From: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:53:28 -0800
I got my Solo II Rule Book today, and I noticed that significant
changes have been made to Street Touring.  ST has been expanded
to Category, with three classes:

- ST (similar to last year's, street tires only)
- STR -- Like ST but R Tires are allowed
- STU -- Unlimited, wwith very few restrictions.

Other highlights:

Engine size has been increased to 3.1 liters or less, from 2.4.
OEM Viscous LSDs are allowed.
Street tires are specified to have treadwear 160 or greater, and
  specific tires are excluded.

The updated class rules are now available at

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/street_touring_rules.html

San Francisco Region has implemented only the ST class to date,
but we have defined street tires as consistent with our Street
Tire class, which is tread wear of 120 or greater.  Otherwise,
our class complies with these rules.

Jerry

--
Jerry Mouton        jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
               --> Ecurie Écrevisse Autocross Squad <--