Rivetting question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rivetting question
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:17:32 -0500
This is probably a very stupid question but here it goes. I use one of those
swivel head rivet guns with aluminum rivets and thought I was riveting
correctly until I saw some rivets done by someone else and the back part of
the rivet was much flatter and held better than mine. Is this a function of
the gun the type of rivet or my technique. I just thought you stuck the
rivet in the gun stuck it in, squeezed all the way to flatten then squeeze
to cut, have I been doing it wrong all this time?

Jack