Re: When's it gonna get warm?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>,
Subject: Re: When's it gonna get warm?
From: Gary Spray <gspray@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:25:45 -0600
At 09:28 AM 2/18/99 -0600, Eric Linnhoff wrote:

>I gotta move to where the weather permits racing all year long but there's
>no way I'm gonna live in Florida and there's no way in hell I'd ever live in
>California.  Too much craziness out west there.  How about any Texans or
>Arizonians out there?  Do y'all autocross year round?

Man, you gotta get out more. Throw a sleeping bag in the back of the Neon
and check out some places...

As I expect to retire soon I've been thinking of warmer areas to relocate.
Some of my favorites are ranked below:

#1- Albuquerque, New Mexico. It gets hot there but as they say- It's a dry
heat.

#2- Austin, Texas. Kinda like Kansas City only it's warmer and the people
talk funny. <G>

#3- San Antonio, Texas. Bigger than Austin and it has improved a BUNCH
since I was first there 25 years ago.

#4- Topeka, Kansas. Yep, good ol' home town. Not much going for it other
than it's got the Solo II  Nationals every Fall, it's not too far from
Lawrence and Kansas City for culture AND if I become a grandfather before I
retire- I'll NEVER get my wife out of here! Oh, and I gotta add, the folks
in the Kansas Region are super too...

I was going to put Minneapolis/St Paul on the list but I think I'd really
only want to live there about six months a year. You guess which six
months. Lahina, Maui is actually my favorite place on Earth but I don't
think I could afford to live there on my retirement income...at least not
the way I'd want to live...<G>
----
Gary Spray
Topeka, Kansas
Crystal White '90 A (with white Mazda alloys)
M Club #43
Miata Club Of America
Kansas Region SCCA

** WAX? I bought it to DRIVE! **