Re: G-Force Tires Report and For Sale

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: G-Force Tires Report and For Sale
From: "Robert M. Pickrell Jr." <brnrubr@midusa.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:47:51 -0600

Byron Short wrote:

> Robert M. Pickrell Jr. wrote:
> > So for autocross and stock cars the BFG is a much better comparison to
> > the Hoosier. It seems the G-Force is wearing fast for some people, but I
> > am sure there are som die hard BFG fans out there that will counter that
> > idea. Like Byron or Goeke.
>

> Maybe I *am* just a BFG die-hard, but I was pleasantly surprised by the
> results.
>
> --Byron

&die hard BFG fan*  was a poor choice of words. My point was that my friend
was disappointed with the wear, but I would guess you and perhaps Joe as well
as others would be able to milk out more runs.With a combination of driving
skill, car set up, and correct air pressures.

It appears that your testing backs alot of what I was told. In the Porsche
testing the lighter car could not generate enough heat in the tires to make
them work. It was imporved some when they softened up the car. They were using
lap times of course, alhough not a GEEZ program. In races they would lose time
with the BFG's but towards the end of the race heavier cars on Hoosier began
toloose time as the tires went off. Then the lighter cars on BFGs had the
advantage as the BFG stayed the same or became a little faster. The heavier
cars on BFG's were able to heat up the tires and use the
stiffer heavier tire.

It would be interesting to see a similar test as yours Byron, on a lighter and
perhaps SP car.

Rob

In the heavier cars