sp fuel rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: sp fuel rules
From: HPKY59A@prodigy.com ( BENNY DEMENT)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:32:54, -0500
OK so how about some real opinions on the rules as written, not if
there good or bad but real application of the rules.  As a CSP
competitor I do have a dog in this fight.  As a basis of argument on
the size of fuel lines I remember a comment from Don Gartlits of Drag
racing fame.  One of his chief secrets in the success of the "Swamp
Rat" series of dragsters was running  1(one) inch diameter fuel
lines!!!! Now the SEB in all their combined wisdom has added to the
rules " Fuel lines may be no larger than 1/2" I.d."  and they wrote
that fuel lines being "unrestricted is not intended to permit the use
of any items which might be represented as fuel lines ..."   Does
this mean/ could it be interpreted as meaning/  or including Fuel
Rails.  Can a fuel rail be over 1/2 inch I.d.?  Can one use or not
use an accumulator in the fuel system if there is not one in the
Factory system.  If I adapt a VW cis system to my RX-7 Can I use the
Stock(to the FI system not the car) Accumulator??  is an accumulator
a fuel tank?

One Funny in their latest"clarification"  is the line and I quote
fuel lines  "... may only connect to the original fuel tank or
allowed fuel cell."   Gee I always thought that the fuel line had to
be connected on both ends to work.  Guess the fuel had to drip into
the induction system. :)

Benny Dement 56 CSP rx-7(currently stock injection, scared to change
it.)