Re: sp changes in fast track

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sp changes in fast track
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:43:43 -0500
At 10:51 AM -0800 2/22/1999, K.C. Babb wrote:
>History of non-protesting doesn't mean a configuration is legal.  It
>may just mean that there was a "gentleman's agreement", or that those
>who might have cared didn't think it was a significant performance
>issue.  Somebody obviously did care this year.

This reminds me of a conversation I overheard is the lunchline at the
runoffs many years ago.  Two stewards were talking.  One said that in their
region they didn't enforce the X rule because it was clearly stupid.  The
other pointed out that stupid rules MUST be enforced, so protests are
generated, and then the stupid rules can be changed.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki
Listen.  Do.  MacSpeech.