Re: Event exposure & attracting new members.

To: schumi@vcn.bc.ca, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Event exposure & attracting new members.
From: Jon G Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 01:11:30 -0500
On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 Wes Shew"macher" <schumi@vcn.bc.ca> writes:
>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Jon G Felton wrote:
>Am I correct that under K&K Insurance that most SCCA clubs auto-x
>with,
>advertising for spectators is not allowed, but for drivers is? TIA

We don't use K&K, but all this means is that you can't publicly advertise
the event, i.e. buy radio time and announce it.  Anyone, member or
mailing list name or not, who receives a flyer about the club and
researches it and therefore comes to an event is technically a guest, not
the general public.

I suppose this is a grey area.  But I can't imagine that Eric "Newbie"
Linnhoff handing out directions to the next day's event to the guys at
the local Pep Boys drooling all over his stickered Neon qualifies as
"public" either.  He is a member and by handing them a flyer he is
inviting them, therefore, they are his guests.  Right?

Maybe not.  But it's damn hard to grow these clubs without ever
advertising any events.

BTW, target flyering brought about 65% of our new members last month.

Mostly IMHO,

Jon
___
Jon Felton, Virginia Region Director
National Auto Sport Association
http://am.net/nasa
Shameless Plug Mode On:

Next Autocross: April 18 at Virginia Motorsports Park - home of the SCCA
ProSolo on May 29-30... so come dial in your new g-Forces on this site's
surface during our event way before the big one!

Next Dyno Day: April 16, Dynojet Chassis Dyno in Ashland, VA, just $75/hr

Next Track Day: June 27, Summit Point WV, $140 for 80 min. on-track, time
trial, and much more

Shameless Plug Mode Off!