Re: Course designs and looking ahead

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Course designs and looking ahead
From: Rm84fm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:25:48 EST
In a message dated 3/5/99 7:49:02 AM Central Standard Time, washburn@dwave.net
writes:

> Jamie Sculerati wrote:
>  >

Interesting subject, course design and memory.  One of the thinks I learned
from the McKamey school was looking ahead - I mean LOOKING AHEAD!!  They
emphasized looking ahead as far as you can see; not just at the gate you're
going into, but a turn ahead - maybe two; turning your head all the way over
your shoulder to pick up the next gate; etc.  The second day, we ran courses
we didn't get a chance to walk, memorize, nor pick the "right" line.  I heard
one person say that as practice in looking  ahead, they'd run the local events
without walking the course.  It seems like maybe memorizing the course doesn't
play much of a part in being competitive.   Just a thought...

Rick McClure
36 FM