Re: course trickery

To: lollipop <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: course trickery
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 19:44:31 -0600
lollipop wrote:

> > Kinda gimmicky but effective.
> >

> This kind of thinking is what can chase away a lot of drivers who might
>otherwise
> feel welcome.

I agree!!  I've been an outspoken proponent of fairness in course design
from day one.  And I've never even run a fat car.  There are some that
subscribe to the "if you don't like it, step forward and do one
yourself" theory.  I personally don't like this because it just
encourages more of the same results, only to the advantage of a
different designer.  While it may also be a good recruiting tool to get
some new people involved in the runing of the event, I think that the
fairness issue should be first in everyones minds, if only for the
future of the club.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese