Re: National Tour

To: Heyward K Wagner <sportscar48@juno.com>
Subject: Re: National Tour
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 22:06:58 -0800
Heyward K Wagner wrote:

> Being new to the national scene I have a few questions.  Is there a
> points system for national tour?  If so how does it work?  Do you have to
> run the entire tour or is it your top number of finishes?  Is there a BFG
> payout for a good season finish?

There is no points in tours. There is in ProSolos. Your tour enables you
to attend Nationals in Kansas in September, where it is all decided at
the one last event. BFG has contingencies for Tours, Nationals, and
ProSolos.

> Meridian was my first ever national tour event.  I finished 3rd in class
> and now I am trying to deside if I want to go to Ft Worth.  It is about
> 16 hours from where I live.  I am much more likely to go if it is worth
> my while to be there to try to stay in some kind of a points race, but if
> it is just for fun then maybe I will run closer to home.

Go if you want to check out the competition and experience another
event. I would not go just for seat time and there is no points. You
might want to check into ProSolos though. For me, it's the only thing
other than nationals that will make me drive that distance.

Congrats on your trophy.
Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS (but had a buddies boxster over today..now to talk him into
running it!)