Re: Ford Miata?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford Miata?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@ultranet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:37:25 -0500
>Didn't Ford replace the Escort's 1.9l motor with a Mazda motor?  Is it
>the 1.8, as in the Protege and Miata?  I'm just guessing ...

The Ford Escort/Mercury Tracer is based on the Mazda Protege starting with
the 2nd gen design that came out in '91.  Its 1.9 motor is a Ford engine.  I
have it in my '95 Tracer.  The Escort GT, LX-E, and Tracer LTS came with the
1.8 DOHC Mazda engine.  Up until the '97 redesign BOTH engines were
available in various trim levels of the car.

Oh, and hello to the list - I just subscribed yesterday, and since I know a
thing or two about the Scort I figured I'd dive right in. :)

    - Justin
      '95 Mercury Tracer (retired from autox)
      '83 BMW 320i (the new autox toy)