Re: Ford Miata

To: LOTUSRCN@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Miata
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:20:00 -0800

Robbie:

Well, maybe I should have said "IMSBNSHO" for "In My Slightly Biased, Not So
Humble..."  etc.  Steve Couture sent a note which expressed the same sentiments
regarding similarities of the Miata and the Elan.  I must bow to the superiority
of your combined logic!  : - )  The Miata's "face" does very closely resemble
the Elan to me as well.

However, if you look  at a Miata's dimensions, I think they more closely
parallel the MG than the "Tiny Dancer" Elan.  I know I have driven all three,
and the Miata cockpit 'feels' more like the B, as does the view across the hood.
(I actually did drive an Elan!  ME! In that cockpit...  Looked like 5 pounds of
**** in a 3 pound bag!)

Have a good one!

JDK
---------------------- Forwarded by JD Kemp/YM/RWDOE on 03/12/99 09:10 AM