Apology to Ben Thatcher, ATL Region, & Team.net

To: bthatch@juno.com
Subject: Apology to Ben Thatcher, ATL Region, & Team.net
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:12:50 EST
The recent comments made by me to Ben Thatcher accusing him of anti-SCCA
political motives are without merit, wholly untrue, and have no bearing on
reality.  While I have engaged in spirited role-playing many times in the past
on Team.net, it deeply shames me to admit that I lashed out at Ben Thatcher in
an uncontrollable, self-induced rage.  The intentionally hurtful comments made
by myself can only be attributed to a petty, immature mind.  Neither preceding
events nor mitigating circumstances can ever preclude self-accountability for
my inexcusable action.

Ben Thatcher is a longstanding member of the Solo community.  He has
selflessly contributed more of himself to our cause than I can ever hope to
achieve.  Further, my totally illogical frame of mind at the time precluded me
from assessing the ramnifications that my words would reflect on the Atlanta
Region Solo2 operating personnel, safety stewards, and general membership.
How quickly I forgot the years that the Atlanta Region has welcomed me in
warm, loving acceptance and provided me with many fun-filled memories.  Even
more painful to me personally, how quickly I forgot the times, despite not
knowing me from Adam, that Ben and Nancy Thatcher have offered me the
hospitality of their home anytime I should ever need it.

Words alone cannot express the deservedly shameful embarrassment and sincerely
deep remorse I feel for being so utterly cruel and insensitive.  I can only
pray that time will heal the wounds I've caused and allow me to regain the
respect and trust of those people that I value so much, yet have hurt so
deeply.

Mark Sipe