Dead Horse <Thwack, Thwack!> sorta long. much ranting

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dead Horse <Thwack, Thwack!> sorta long. much ranting
From: "Racer---X" <Racer---X@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:47:06 -0500
Ok, here we go again with the new cars versus the old. Ok fellas, racin'
ain't cheap. Ya gotta pay to play. Autocrossing at the grassroots level is
supposed to be FUN. Remember FUN? THat's what you had when you first got
your car sideways. FUN. When you get to the higher levels of our sport, as
with all things automotive, it gets expensive. The SEB does their best to
class new cars where they feel each car best fits. As with everythng else,
cars will get faster over time. If you can't afford to have the fastest
piece of equipment (LIKE ME!), get a FUN car to drive and have FUN. We can't
restrict newer cars from the sport, that's just not reasonable. And we can't
class cars so that all older cars get one group and all newer cars get
another set of classes. WHere ya gonna draw the line? Just TRY to get people
to agree to that! Now, older cars CAN be competitive in autox: witness the
924S in C-Stock, various Honda's, etc. If you want a cheaper car that's
competitive, go get an MR2. Or early Miata, they'll be in C-Stock next year.
The fastest car's will probably still be newer and more expensive, but this
is an expensive hobby. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN!!! Someone
on this list signs off with "Drive what you have and drive it well!" or
something to that effect. THAT is the spirit of Solo2, NOT whinning because
Driver X can afford a faster car then Driver Q. So if you can't afford the
latest weapon, drive what you have and DRIVE IT WELL! And quit whinning.

        Michael Karp