Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:58:15 -0500

>But the issue really isn't whether the people winning have street driven
>cars.  It's probably true that most of the nationally competitive cars are
>weekend drivers at best.  What I think about are the thousands of daily
>driven SP cars that are NOT nationally competitive, but are street-illegal
>and poluters nonetheless.

Polluters!! Well, imagine sending this kind of email to the drag racing
mailing group.:) It is a personal thing whether you are fine driving your
car with cat or not. High-flow cat will give me similar performances to the
test pipe and still keep me to be "clean". And I bet that most of the well
maintained and modified cars will pass smog test regardless of having a cat
or not. Also, if I am more on the "green" side, than I can always change my
cat while changing my tires before even. It is only 4 bolts :)

>If everybody had to run the cat, then it wouldn't hurt anyone.  If
>anything, the cars that would be hurt the most would be the turbo cars,
>and now they may have to put their cats on anyway under the proposed rule
>change.

Well, I would not make any proposition based on assumption that something
might happen next year (regardless of how much you would like that to
happen).:) This is still just proposition for evil turbo cars and that does
not mean that will be accepted.

Fedja
95 AWD with TURBO
#34 ESP