Re: S.D. Tour PAX results

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>, Jeff Cawthorne <zo7vette@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: S.D. Tour PAX results
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:26:09 -0800 (PST)
We had that happen with the local EP Volvo from Hell
last summer.  Coolant is very slick stuff but it hoses
off a course, unlike oil.

Your experience with the ignition reminded me of my
first car (using the term loosely), a Chrysler Newport
four years older than I was.  My dad didn't buy the
idea that hoses need to be changed every so often, and
every year, just like clockwork, the big 383 engine
would pop a heater hose, soak the distributor, and
knock itself cold.  And the power steering and power
brakes with it...ever tried to dead stick a 4300 lb.
Chrysler on the Interstate?  It's a character
builder...

Cheers,
Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX

--- Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net> wrote:
> Okay, okay, it's always mom's fault!
>     It wasn't a "motor launching," thank God. A
> freeze plug unplugged, and
> spilled coolant, not oil. I do believe coolant is
not
> as disastrous to a course
> as oil.
>     In fact, my own daughter Katie could yell,
"Yeah,
> Mom, it's all your
> fault!" because she looped her Miata in about the
> spot where our 7 dumped. I
> did not enjoy that scenario because the water shut
> off the ignition, and I
> couldn't finish what was a "better" run than
> previous. Next time, we'll do
> better, believe me. The car is quite new and we're
> working out the bugs. Sorry
> to have ruined the event. :-)
> --Pat Kelly

Do You Yahoo!?