Re: Stock Car Advice

To: "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>, <ian@codrus.com>,
Subject: Re: Stock Car Advice
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:29:34 -0600
>> Also, I don't know how big a difference the factory
>> shock tower
>> bar makes, but that's only on the Sport Package.
>>

>My guess is nil.  The coilover shocks on the Miata only
>take vertical load from the springs, not lateral loads
>as a strut would.

And to what is the upper control arm mounted?  An extra brace there can't
hurt.

>> > How about the windscreen? Does it weigh a lot? Can
>> it be easily removed?

>Heh heh...the Brit in me was picturing the windshield.

Well, of course!  Wouldn't a Miata (or MX5 as it is known in the land of
cold toast and cellar-temp beer) look sporting with a single Brooklands
windscreen in place of the factory glass.  :-)

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/