Re: ST PAX numbers to come

To: Mark Hirt <nxracer@mediaone.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ST PAX numbers to come
From: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mark Hirt <nxracer@mediaone.net> wrote:
> How did your STR drivers do? I could find the class on the
> regions web site. The ST number is based off STR (ST with Race
> rubber).
> Basically a ST class car should run about 1.6 seconds slower (due
> to tire stick) than an STR car.

Unfortunately SFR doesn't offer the STR class. I think there's a bit of
an anti-ST bias; most of the time the region's approach is to follow
the National guidelines to the letter.

> RTP Numbers
> ST =  .774 (Street Tired, STR cars)
> STR = .814    (ST with D.O.T. Approved "R" tires)
> STU = .824

Regarding your numbers: The STR index looks pretty reasonable, but 1.6
seconds slower on a 60-second course would equate to an index of about
.793, right?

        60 seconds x .814 = 48.840 indexed time
(60 + 1.6) seconds x .793 = 48.849 indexed time

With the RTP .774 index, to get the same indexed time on a 60-second
course would require a time of 63.1 seconds, right? What am I doing
wrong here?

How did you come up with the 1.6 seconds?

Phil Esra