Eagle GS/CS tire pressures

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Eagle GS/CS tire pressures
From: joshlocklear@juno.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:40:09 -0400
I run a set of Goodyear Eagle GS/CS DOT road-race tires on my autox'er,
and I was wondering if anyone else out there might have any experience
with these tires.  I saw a set advertised recently on the list, and the
person said that they worked well for autocross.  I bought my set used
for $20, so I have no documentation.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for pressures.  The tire size is 225/60-14's on a 2800 lb
'88 camry.  They don't have a whole lot of tread left (about 2
recognizable grooves).  My other concern is that I seem to have a set of
4 *driver's side* tires.  All of the tires have markings for
inside/outside and the direction of rotation.  When putting tires on the
passenger side, should I foolow the inside/outside marking and let the
tires rotate the wrong way, or should I follow the rotation and forget
about inside/outside (since there isn't much tread anyway)??  Any help is
greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to extract the maximum performance
from my 20 bucks.

Josh Locklear
'88 Toyota Camry
OVR HS #24, TSOL #5

PS-  G-force's cost $11 per run?!  If my calculations are correct, I'm
paying about 10 CENTS a run.  Now THAT's some value... and THAT's SOL.