Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:23:32 -0500
>With all the tire talk lately, this question has surfaced in my mind:
>
>Why do we require DOT race tires? Why not allow race slicks too?
>
>Good enough for CP, good enough for ESP - and besides, a g-force has a
lower
>void ratio than a current F1 tire.
===========================
Wait, I thought all SP classes still had to run on DOT approved tires
like the Stock classes.  Did something change?  Are the SP cars allowed
to run on non-DOT tires?

>Allowing slicks would give people even MORE choice in tires.

=======================
Although driving to and from the event on your race tires in any kind of
moist conditions would suddenly be more work than the autox course.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight.
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off of it.
Ah, you reach down, between my legs,
ease the seat back.
She's blinding, I'm flying,
Right behind the rear-view mirror now.
Got the feeling, power steering,
Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now!"
"Panama" by Van Halen