RE: Celica GT vs ST

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Celica GT vs ST
From: "Chris and Per Schroeder" <schroede@interaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:48:28 -0500
Figured I'd give some hard data points to my email of yesterday.

surface:  clean, smooth new asphalt, quite grippy
temperature: mid sixties
course design, flowing, long, with very few kinks to slow cars down...

After three runs,  I had FTD index in the Celica GT,  having about a .6
second lead over Jeff Cashmore in the Celica ST.

However,   by the 5th run,  Jeff ended up sneaking past me by .05.
Meanwhile,  Jim Harn (one of the whiners :-)  also snuck up to within 1
tenth of my time.

Again...it's a course dependent issue.  The ST is better on courses like
today's Milwaukee Region event..the GT is better on "YeeeHawwww" courses
that have tight turns followed by long straights.

Next weekend:  Gforces.....

Per
Opinions expressed do not neccessarily reflect those of the SCAC