Re: A Great Tan?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Great Tan?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:15:19 -0400
Mtnman3620@aol.com wrote:

> No, the worst is the dreaded Farmer Brown tan...snow white chest and golden
> arms...

Ohhh, I can do you one better than that.

I went to a Canadian Military College, and every May there's the big Graduation
Parade - which, of course means a week of 8 hour long parade practices, in the
sun, near a big reflective river, wearing a pillbox hat.

That hat covers half of your forehead on a 45 degree angle, and it has a
chinstrap to keep it in place. After 7 days in the sun wearing that thing, you
get a nice white triangle on your forehead and a white stripe about 1/4" across
connecting your ears to your chin - and no matter what you do for the rest of
the summer, you just can't get it to even out.

That is without question the _dorkiest_ tan one can possibly have.

The only guy I ever knew there who didn't get that tan was a fair-skinned,
red-headed friend of mine who was so sun-sensitive that he practically burst
into flame when exposed to sunlight. HE covered his entire face in bright white
zinc oxide during the parade - and so looked like some sort of militant mime for
a week instead.

DG