Re: more photography

To: autox@autox.team.net, alextz@comm.mot.com
Subject: Re: more photography
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:44:30 -0500
Alex
Post your photo eqipment on team dot and you will probably sell it all!
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 kc region

>>> Alek Tziortzis <alextz@comm.mot.com> 05/19 10:33 AM >>>

When I was a photojournalist and shooting in color,
the best film I ever used was Kodak Extapress(not cheap, though).

I used to shoot the PJ800 stuff at ISOs of 3200 (inside arenas with
ambient light), that stuff is great. you can really push the crap out of
it and
the photo still looks good.  (dont forget a good color lab can make or
break
your photo as well).

for black and white, plain Tri-x 400, I used to push to ISO 1600 easy
with
great results. Tmax is good too for black and white, although it tends
to be
more contrasty

the paper the photo is printed on is also a big deal (something people
dont
realize).

Alex
former photog (lots of nice Nikon camera equipment sitting in my
closet).

--
Alex Tziortzis
Senior Engineer