Z-28 alignment/height

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Z-28 alignment/height
From: Larry Boardman <webdoc@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:34:59 -0400
I have a 98 Z  with 10K miles that I autocross locally.  Just put a new
set of
tires on and decided to get the alignment checked out to be sure the car

is handling as well as it could. My friend works at an alignment shop
using the newest Hunter.  He and I really took our time in setting this
car up.  There are two things we found that we need feedback on.  The
car measures 1/2" lower on the right then left side when empty.  With me

in it, it's 1/4" lower. The other issue is the rear toe measurement.  I
know this is not adjustable but the left side measures -0.29 and the
right -0.02.  This seems like a lot and my possibly indicate a bent
tube.  Does anyone know what the factory tolerances are (or where I can
find them?) The rest of the alignment (with me in the car) went well. We

got -0.5 camber on both sides, 3.8 and 4.1 caster (spec shows as much as

4.8?) and 0.03 toe.  Car does drive much better but I haven't had it on
the course yet.

Larry B
98 Chevy Z-28 F/S