Re: autox@autox.team.net digest #3374 Tue Jun 1 01:05:01 MDT 1999

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: autox@autox.team.net digest #3374 Tue Jun 1 01:05:01 MDT 1999
From: NeonACR1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:29:19 EDT
autox-owner@autox.team.net writes:

<< Howdy,

 So I'm pretty much convinced that I need (perhaps want is a more accurate
 term... :-) the stiff setup everyone is going to (i.e. the "Daddio setup",
 etc.).

 Does anyone know if its better to talk to TrueChoice or the other Koni rep
 for this?  What sorta turnaround time can I expect?  If they say they can
 do 'em in a certain amount of time can I trust 'em?

 How much will this cost?  I'm hoping to send 'em the stock Koni's from my
 '98 to be revalved and have the gas pressure bled off... Will that work
 or do I need to start with magic struts or something?

 Anyone got the specs on this stiff setup?  All I really know is that the
 fronts get the rebound damping increased so much that the car rides on the
 bump stops all the time, but I know there are other changes as well...

 Any recommended alignment settings to go along with this?

 Thanks for any info!

 Mark >>

Mark, I know Nick Leverone is using the Koni double adjustables in his 97.
Only thing about it is that he has been blowing out the struts quite often.
He had a problem with one locking up on him at a local (NESCC) event at the
beginning of the season.  Looks like I will be staying with the factory stock
black Konis!

Ed Ritchotte
NER SCCA 71 D-Stock