Re: M-Neon World Debut!

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M-Neon World Debut!
From: Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 07:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- dkyeung@juno.com wrote:
>>And they let you run in D-stock with an A-stock M3 ??

Nah!  Of course not!  In Detroit for the Detroit Council of Sports Car
Clubs' events we have a set of street tire classes in addition to the
standard SCCA R-Tire allowed clasifications.

The following is from memory so it may be just slightly off...

SS and AS are grouped together into S1.
FS is S2
BS and CS are grouped together into S3
DS and GS are grouped together into S4
ES and HS are grouped together into S5

Despite having Kumho magnets all over it (just there for effect), the M3
was wearing the original Michelin Pilots.  For this event I ran the class
designation DS1 with a tape X through the D.  I pulled the tape and the 1
off the car for one of the at rest pictures, but you can see the "proper"
class markings in all the action shots.  It confused the folks in the
timing/anouncing van a little on my first run, but not in an overly
negative way.  After that they got the joke and just rolled with it.

"The M-Neon comes to the line..."
"The BMW Neon-3 finishes it's 3rd run..."
"That's what happens when you feed your Neon steroids, I guess..."

If you missed it, the URL for the pictures of the M-Neon is:

http://www.steve.couture.org/racing/1999_05_30/1999_05_30.htm

What a hoot!

--
Steve Couture (rhymes with future)