Merkur XR4ti: was RE: Y2K DSP

To: autox@autox.team.net, "'Mike McLeish Sr.'" <mikemel@iquest.net>
Subject: Merkur XR4ti: was RE: Y2K DSP
From: "Ellingson, George A (MED)" <George.Ellingson@amermsx.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:39:31 -0500
The Merkur XR4ti has drum brakes in the rear.  Also, the XR4ti has an
independent rear suspension,  which is a good thing.  Unfortunately it
doesn't have a limited slip differential so very difficult to power out
of corners.  The manual tranny XR4ti was rated at 175 HP as was the 84 -
85 1/2 SVO.  The late 85 and 86 SVO's were rated 210 HP.

George Ellingson
(still has a 85 XR4ti)