This past weekend's SEDiv Solo2 event

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: This past weekend's SEDiv Solo2 event
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:12:11 EDT
This is a re-post of the SEDiv event at Jacksonville, FL this past weekend.
I'm reposting it because some may have not recognized the content based on
the original title:

galligan@gulftel.com writes:

<< Anxiously waiting for any word on SE divisional at Jacksonville.>>

Well, if you'd have been there enjoying all the fun with the rest of us... :-)

Special thanks to BFGoodrich Team T/A and SF Motorsports for sponsoring
another fun-filled SEDiv event, as well as the Buccaneer Region for being our
most gracious hosts.  A total of 99 entrants competed vigorously in the 2nd
of 3 SEDiv Solo2 Series events for 1999, held at Alltel Stadium in
Jacksonville, FL.  Congratualtions to all the class winners and trophy
position finishers, each of who received a unique trophy from Scott Shleh
Auto Art.

Saturday proved to be dry all day, with a technical course design that seemed
to catch most vehicles between gears.  Sunday's course offered some wonderful
turns for those who managed to run it dry, but proved to be challenging in
the wet.  The first and last groups had to contend with rain/drying
conditions, which skewed the times relative to the middle groups who ran in
the dry.  Several upsets occurred as a result of Sunday's finicky weather.
Free lunch was served on site both days; Subway subs on Saturday and Domino's
pizza on Sunday.  Despite the typical Florida rainbursts on Sunday, we all
managed to get packed up and on the road by 3:30 pm.  Rumor has it that
several go kart attendees were banned for life after Saturday night's
crashfest activity.

Event results will be available soon on the SEDiv Solo2 Series website.  A
direct link to the site is available below.  Our final event is scheduled at
the Georgia State Fairgrounds in Perry, GA on August 28 - 29 and will be
co-hosted by both the Middle Georgia and Atlanta Regions.  This event will be
part of a larger Georgia Motorfest extravaganza occuring at the fairgrounds,
similar to the annual NOPI Nationals event; stereo sound-offs, car hopping,
custom vehicles of all types, aftermarket parts and equipment vendors, etc
with some SEDiv autocrossing thrown in for good measure.  All SEDiv Solo2
Series info, results, and on-line registration is available at the website
link below:

<A HREF="http://www.eec.com/sediv";>SEDiv Solo2 Series website</A>

M Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Deputy Steward