CenDiv BFG "Night Before the Event"

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CenDiv BFG "Night Before the Event"
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
There is a group of autocrossers who will be going to
the (rental) go kart track at Whiteland Indiana on
Saturday, June 19th... the night before the BFG CenDiv
event at Columbus Indiana. This is no putz rental
place. The track is 1/4 mile, and the karts get up to
about 50 mph. They have bumpers on them, but it is by
no means the "dodge-em" environment that existed last
weekend at Marion <G>. This is NOT a "slick track".
Their advertisements say, "The fastest rental kart
track in Indiana"!

Cost is $10 for 8 minutes, 3 tickets for $25, or 10
tickets for $75. I'm sure that we can achieve the
maximum discount and divide them up among ourselves.
Typical lap times are 22 seconds. The math says that
is a 40+ mph average, and that includes a hairpin
corner. (Note: You do NOT want to be anywhere near Dan
Popp at that corner!)

If you care/dare to join us, meet at the track at
8:30-9:00pm. They have helmets, but you may prefer to
bring your own. Face shields are requried, as are
driver's licenses.

Directions: From Columbus Indiana, proceed north on
I-65 to exit 99. Go west to railroad tracks, but DO
NOT cross them. Turn right (north) on the road that
parallels the tracks. You will find Whiteland Raceway
about a mile from that intersection... "can't miss
it".

Bob Monday
Boys R Us Racing