Re: Finally found it! (was Re: Braided Steel Brake Lines on 92+ cars.)

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Finally found it! (was Re: Braided Steel Brake Lines on 92+ cars.)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:18:27 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>; Thomas Harrington
<tomh@lvcm.com>
Date: Sunday, June 13, 1999 10:42 AM

>Duh,
>
>I made the mistake of looking in the "Brakes" section of the rules for
>allowance about brake lines. How stupid! The wording Richard quoted is
>in the preamble to Section 13, and it was first put there in the 1993
>rules. So, it IS legal to install braided brake and/or clutch flex hoses
>on pre-1992 cars in Stock, and the reasoning parallels that of the other
>allowances I mentioned.
>
>Now, why the grandfathering remains there (and wrt steering wheels) but
>not in engine allowances is another questions.

And why it is not in the brake section where it belongs...

Same thing for the silly "clarifications".  If they are part of a rule, put
them with the rule.  If they are not part of a rule, throw them away.

Shields UP!

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/