RE: Can I reverse the traction control switch???

To: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>, "'Brian M Kennedy'" <kennedy@i2.com>,
Subject: RE: Can I reverse the traction control switch???
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:52:22 -0500
At 04:31 PM 6/16/99 , Alan Pozner wrote:

>But I will suggest that you look at the circuit diagram before you start the
>mod. Most modern cars use switches to send info to a CPU. The CPU then
>enables or disables what the switch supposedly controls.

Valid suggestion, but actually I already know the answer.
An appropriately wired capacitor will make the switch appear
depressed just long enough at start up that the CPU will take
it as a toggle and turn off the system immediately.  From then
on, once the capacitor is charged, the switch behaves normally.

However, I haven't done it because its legality is unclear (not
that anyone would protest it -- I just don't like the idea of
having an illegal car, even if a weenie illegality in a car
that's otherwise under-prepared anyway).

Thanks for the valid warning though,

Brian