Fwd: St class at nationals

To: lances@wt.net, DnDMtrsprt@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: St class at nationals
From: LARRY97ACR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:18:23 EDT
--part1_63d61058.24998abf_boundary

Just passing this on.

Larry M

--part1_63d61058.24998abf_boundary

From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Full-name: Ghsharp
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:21:09 EDT
Subject: Re: St class at nationals
To: LARRY97ACR@aol.com
CC: lances@wt.net, DnDMtrsprt@aol.com

In a message dated 6/16/99 11:25:45 AM EST, LARRY97ACR writes:

> If the class was not going to be run at Nationals I really believe that
> something should have been written before we spent our money and time to
work
> on our cars. It would be very expensive to bring our cars back to stock for
> just one event.

Larry,

ST was begun this year as a Regional class with a suggested set of rules that
the local SCCA regions could use or modify to suit their own needs and to
possibly fit some of the existing cars in their area.  Even though Howard
Duncan (Rally/Solo Manager for the SCCA National Office) decided to offer
ST classes at National Tours and ProSolo's to gauge what the interest around
the country was, it was not intended to offer the class at the Solo II
Nationals
in Topeka this year.  It was not felt that a minimum number of cars (usually
25+) would likely enter.  Heats and class running order would have to be
re-arranged to allow the inclusion of ST at Nationals now, and I don't know if
that is possible.  Anyone with an ST car can still enter Nationals and run in
the appropriate Street Prepared class, and that is what I would recommend.
A good showing of ST cars, even if they had to run in Street Prepared, would
probably guarantee the inclusion of a class of their own at Nationals next
year.

If you have more questions about the possible inclusion of ST this year (even
though it's a long shot), I'd suggest you contact Howard Duncan at the SCCA
office in Denver, 303-779-6622.

Regards,
GH Sharp

--part1_63d61058.24998abf_boundary--